View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Gooch

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
Some folks just can't ever admit to being wrong. They find any way they can to justify their position-but it never stops smelling like **** to the rest of us....
He isnt wrong, Despres was routinely mocked and projected to be a mid to early first round pick and was compared to Bouwmeester back when people thought he was good. He was never expected to fall to the penguins and when he was people like myself were very happy with the pick value wise despite at the time not having a need for a Dman but needing wingers instead (notice a trend).

What frustrates me the most with Shero and his drafting is his playing it safe with forward picks. What that ends up is getting a whole lot of "useful" NHL'ers instead of stars. That might sound good to some but those useful NHL'ers are had via the waiver wires and next to the league minimum every free agency period. They're effectively a dime-a-dozen and those stars that we're just not getting are much much harder to obtain after the fact. If we want one via free agency we will have to break the bank for them, if we want to trade for them we're going to have to throw most of the farm at the team for him. Passing on Forsberg after he fell into our laps much in the same way Despres did angered a lot of people, myself included.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote