View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 06:14 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

vCash: 500
The Rangers can't afford a $2.55M third liner. Pay Stepan. Pay Hagelin. Pay McDonagh. The last two are arbitration eligible. All 3 of those players are having very good seasons. Fill out the roster. Operate the team. $64.3M cap next season. The NHL said yesterday revenue will be $2.1B this season and not $2.4B. If the business doesn't come back enough,the 2004-15 cap will also be $64.3M. It can't drop below $64.3M.

Katie Strang had another chat yesterday

Quote:
Geoff (NY)

How about a Gaborik for Iginla trade? Jerome seems like a much better fit then Marian right now and it will allow the Rangers cap space since Iginla is free-agent!!!

Katie Strang (1:04 PM)

I'm certainly not in the camp that thinks a Gaborik trade is out of the realm of possibility, but I don't think the deal for Iginla makes sense. For one, I think the Rangers like Iginla but probably have concerns about his age/speed in playing in their system. And if teh Flames are gonna trade Iginla, doesn't that signal a reboot? In that case I think they want prospects and picks
Quote:
Brian (NJ)

Did Boyle play himself out of Tortorella's doghouse yesterday?

Katie Strang (1:15 PM)

It's going to take more than one game for Boyle to get back in Tortorella's good graces, but it's always encouraging when a player responds in a positive way to a benching or demotion. I think the problem for Boyle is more of a numbers game now. Not sure where he fits with Rangers if he isn't producing. If he can't pick it up, I suspect he will be moved before the deadline. Can still be a highly effective player, in my opinion, but Rangers may not be best fit anymore
Quote:
Matt (NYC)

Any chance you see the Rangers make a move at the trade deadline? Maybe Gaborik or Boyle? Any chance we see Kreider again this year?

Katie Strang (1:26 PM)

I think both players could be dealt, yes. I think Boyle is more likely, but he has to actually play to command some trade value. In terms of targets, I think the Rangers will look to add some depth guys similar to the Darroll Powe trade. Maybe not the sexiest moves, but necessary. Think a guy like Nate Thompson would be a great fit. Also, Rangers need a right-handed defenseman. Them and everyone else, though...
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/47349

Thompson is a rental.