View Single Post
03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
powers combined
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Which is why I have hope Jarnkrok is going to be on an accelerated track to be honest. He should be a two time World Championship player, he might start in Grand Rapids but I hope they really do give him an honest chance at making the team.
I'm hoping if Jarnkrok's ready, he makes it, too. I'd even move him to wing for a year, like I think we did with Z. And if we make room for Tatar and Nyquist, we should be able to roll three lines with some scoring punch.

Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Yeah, sure. But you get the point. If Nyquist is really a prospect that isn't ready until he's 24 ---

This is a team that has a prospect (Tatar) make the Slovakian WC team. And out of camp, a 26 year old from Switzerland makes it over a second round pick who has been in Grand Rapids for four years and who looked just as good at the WCs.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, and I think we both have wanted to see kids get bigger shots before they're getting them. Z was a far better player at a younger age, though.

I still don't get a great feel for how the Wings make roster decisions. We give Babcock flack for being too conservative in some regards - like his lineups - but then he takes a flier on Brunner. And from past comments we know he wanted Smith on the team well before this season.

Regardless, Tatar/Andersson/Lashoff(!!)/Kindl are getting shots this year and running with them. I hope Holland takes notices and adjusts the lineup accordingly or is able to pawn them off for something big.

RIP David
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote