Old
03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Which is why I have hope Jarnkrok is going to be on an accelerated track to be honest. He should be a two time World Championship player, he might start in Grand Rapids but I hope they really do give him an honest chance at making the team.
I'm hoping if Jarnkrok's ready, he makes it, too. I'd even move him to wing for a year, like I think we did with Z. And if we make room for Tatar and Nyquist, we should be able to roll three lines with some scoring punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Yeah, sure. But you get the point. If Nyquist is really a prospect that isn't ready until he's 24 ---

This is a team that has a prospect (Tatar) make the Slovakian WC team. And out of camp, a 26 year old from Switzerland makes it over a second round pick who has been in Grand Rapids for four years and who looked just as good at the WCs.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, and I think we both have wanted to see kids get bigger shots before they're getting them. Z was a far better player at a younger age, though.

I still don't get a great feel for how the Wings make roster decisions. We give Babcock flack for being too conservative in some regards - like his lineups - but then he takes a flier on Brunner. And from past comments we know he wanted Smith on the team well before this season.

Regardless, Tatar/Andersson/Lashoff(!!)/Kindl are getting shots this year and running with them. I hope Holland takes notices and adjusts the lineup accordingly or is able to pawn them off for something big.