Old
03-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
if i remember correct he was asking for over 2,5 per season
Possibly. In any event, he traded three young players who could help his team immensely right now for two players, one of whom was set to be a UFA at season's end. I'm obviously glad he did, but it was a big mistake either way and the trade was a complete and utter failure. McGinn is turning into a legit top-six forward while Galiardi is turning back into an AHL player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
I can't blame Doug Wilson. He's been managing a high end veteran team which has underachieved. He had to make moves to try to win in the present.
Oh, I think Sharks fans certainly can blame him. Again, he's been very good since taking over for Lombardi, but he traded his best (and pretty much only) prospect for an oft-injured defenseman, who is injured right now.

Kinda weird watching highlights of the Sharks/Avs game the other night. I can still remember being at the Pepsi Center for an Avs playoff game and both Selanne and Marleau made a fool of Roy (he actually apologized after the game for his performance). The Sharks were a pretty scary team back then, able to ice three very talented lines, and then they snagged Thornton for near-nothing. And then they got Boyle for absolutely nothing. For a short time they were scary good. But the time has passed. I don't think it has to be blown up per se, but it does have to be radically different come next year.