View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

vCash: 500
Quote:
"I, with a few other guys, took it as leading into the Test match and I got that extremely wrong, which meant that it's cost me a Test match," he said. "They [the leadership group] obviously thought that was the right decision for the team at this point in time. I accept that I did the wrong thing with what I did, but I will always find it very hard to accept being suspended from a Test match for my country. 
 "I've missed Test matches and games through injury throughout my career. I feel like I've worked my absolute bum off to have an opportunity to represent my country. When that's taken away from you, you think the actions must be very severe. That's where we differ on our opinions. I think it's extremely harsh. I expressed my extreme disappointment with the punishment. But everything happens for a reason in your life."

Watson's father has spoken of how a future without international competition may be comfortably filled by Twenty20 duty in the IPL and for other clubs, and the sometime allrounder said he would be carefully weighing up his love of the game and the hurt this suspension has caused him.

"It'll give me a chance to reflect on what's really happened over the past couple of days and be able to absorb what's happened and have a think about where things are at," he said. "I absolutely love playing cricket. I love nothing more than being able to have the opportunity and privilege to represent my country. That's something that, when it was taken away from me with this suspension - well, the guys back in India know how much it hurts me."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...ry/624698.html

Some circus **** going on with the cricket boards these days.