View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 08:34 AM
dansk55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
From Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs? I've viewed him several times and he's a very projectable defenseman for the OHL. Makes smart decisions and plays the body well. Solid puck mover. I've talked to a few scouts and most see him as a potential 3rd round selection at the OHL Draft.

I should mention that I've seen JB at several EMC games throughout the game. Obviously JB lives close to EMC (Strathroy) so that may be a factor but I'd bet good money that the team is looking hard at several Chiefs for the upcoming draft. There are certainly a lot of intriguing players from that roster - Konecny (won't fall to Sting), Crouse (ditto), Coyle (an option), Worrad, Mayo, Carroll, and Fazio (G), to name a few.

I am in Toronto for the OHL Cup this week and I will be keeping my eye open for some talent and where the Sting spend most of their time

I remember last year seeing the Sting scouting staff there and watching Alex Renaud have a VERY good tournament
As i understand it, Renaud was not a projected by the OHL rankings as second rounder. How'd that work out? So this kid is a 3 rounder so... our first pick?