View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 09:19 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Frk was pointless the last few games. Now Drouin game back..
In the first game Drouin and MacKinnon were out he hit the score sheet rather well. Frk was once believed to be a top 10 draft pick, for what it is worth he helps open up space for those guys as well. It is true that it is hard to get a huge read on their values aside from the fact they are all mega-talented juniors, but that can be used on all three guys. Obviously Drouin and MacKinnon carry the name, but I think some people in hockey circles have started to sell Frk a little short on some is his highend tools, especially the shot that both of his younger star teammates like to set him up for.

I really think if Frk's skating gets a little better, which it should as he gets better conditioning and instruction his other tools translate. The biggest thing in his way right now is the on-ice discipline issues as that is a rare thing to have in the Wings system especially in our prospects. They don't have much of that, in fact they are pretty much taking it out of Callahan as we speak. There is the kind of penalties they allow and don't allow, Frk takes a lot of the ones that get you in big trouble. It seems he has gotten a little better at it, but I see that as a big hurdle for him to watch.