View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 09:33 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
As i understand it, Renaud was not a projected by the OHL rankings as second rounder. How'd that work out? So this kid is a 3 rounder so... our first pick?
Just because Renaud wasn't projected as a 2nd rounder (and he wasn't) doesn't mean he won't be worthy of it in the long haul. I like Renaud's potential and once he starts seeing more ice time and gaining confidence, you will start to see his potential.

Just for fun....

2009 2nd round picks: Cousins, Trocheck, D. Hamilton, Corrado, Biggs, Binnington
2010 2nd round picks: Tom Wilson, Kosmachuk, Paterson, Michael Clarke
2011 2nd round picks: Dickinson, Mistele, Bigras, Verhaeghe, Di Fruscia

Just remember that Renaud was a late 2nd too (40th). He was great at the OHL Cup last year and I don't think he would've fell to the Sting at the 54th pick (4th) so they grabbed a player they liked.

Carroll is expected to be a 3rd round pick but that doesn't mean a team won't like him enough to select him in the second round. First round seems like a reach but you can't judge these kids until a few years down the road.

There are a few players the Sting are eyeing (I feel) that I think Sarnia should be happy with if they can land them.