View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
EDM is a very good trading partner for VAN right now. They have an expiring contract in Gagner and a great need for Dmen. The Canucks have Ballard and Raymond that they can easily deal. The former for obvious reasons, and the latter because I don't think converting to C long-term is what the coaching staff wants for him. As a winger, I don't see how he stays with the club past this season.

Then there's FLA, who also would covet Raymond as well as being the default talking destination for Luongo. They're out of it now. It's their offseason, essentially. So if they want Luongo, the deal could happen at any point, which Raymond might help solidify based on future projections of losing him.

TBay is at 21 points. FLA at 20. If it's over for FLA, TBay is only a shade above them. Of course, the offensive talent on that team prevents people from writing them off entirely. Still, I think they're done. So what do they do? 85 goals for and they're done at the half way point? Something has got to change here.

The biggest wildcard is PHI. They could make excellent trading partners if they stay on the bubble near the deadline and decide to jettison Bryz. They could take on Luongo and run a tandem, then buy out Bryz at the end of the year... It just depends on how badly they want to ensure that goaltending isn't a negative factor for them.

Guys on EDM that make sense for value: Gagner, PRV and Petry

PHI: Couturier, Voracek, Read, Laughton

FLA: Goc, Matthias, Bjugstad, Shore, Petrovic.

TBay: Connolly and picks.