View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Pros and Cons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
If RNH's horrible offensive pace continues this year, what happens? Do him and his agent wait for after next year to re up? Do they sign a long term contract this summer? Does he sign a bridge contract of two or three years, similar to Duchene, Subban, etc?

I want him to sign a long term contract this summer. We can probably get him much cheaper than we would in a year's time. If RNH doesn't become a first line centre anyways, our rebuild is pretty much ruined.

If RNH doesn't start to think of putting on some muscle and train like a mad-dog he will only be a really good OHL player in the NHL. He is not built for the NHl at current size (yes, I know he is going on 20 - i.e. Landeskog is 207 lbs), and he should have been sent to junior last year to work on the next step. He is not a winger, he is being groomed as a number one centre on a potential lethal line-up of young stars - he is going to be pushed around by other teams.
IMO, RNH is the player who needs to be traded (with a defenceman) for this team to get to the next step in development. We need more then anything a player who can take the punishment and has the kahonas to dictate the play as a #1 centreman must do in this league.

Last edited by Pros and Cons: 03-12-2013 at 10:29 AM.