View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
x Tame Impala

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
There's a difference between being competitive and fighting because you're losing. I commend Nystrom for being honest with himself and admitting he doesn't care about winning so rec leagues aren't for him. I pay money to play hockey but my goal each season is to win the championship. I've played with guys that cared too much and guys who didn't care and I can't get far enough away from the guys who don't care. There are options for guys who lost the drive to compete such as pickup and that's where they belong. When you sign up for a team some of what you want from it goes out the window. It's about the team, not about you and if you aren't willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team then you should not sign up for a rec league team or if you do explain yourself to the captain and the locker room before the first game.
Really? Why? There's no glory in men's league dude. You're not accomplishing much, if anything. You're not getting paid. In fact, you're paying to be there. When i pay money to play hockey my goal is to be as good a player as i can possibly be in all aspects of the game and have as much fun as i can while playing.

I really hope most men's league guys dont have this "i couldn't cut it in high school/college/juniors/ECHL/whatever so now i have to prove my talent to everyone" mentality