View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 10:26 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Just came back from the Dr. Long story - but she had a what we thought was the stomach flu late February. The week before that it was a sore throat and strep. They prescribed amoxicillin. Then last Monday she woke up with a whole body rash, never seen anything like it. Took her to the doctor and did a ton of blood tests. Found that her liver enzymes are high. Read up on stuff and found that 90% of people with mono that take amoxicillin get a rash and have high liver enzymes. The doctor said she needs to have more blood work done and will include a mono spot test and liver test again.

Soooooo, go to the doctor this morning turns out the mono test is negative and her liver enzymes are still high. She has an ultrasound of her liver tomorrow morning.

Do not like this road.
Obviously let the process play out, but high liver enzymes could be nothing. I had high liver enzymes in blood work a couple years ago, and went through a gamut of tests for cancer, hepatitis, etc, etc. You name it, I took a test for it.

Turns out it was nothing. Apparently when I'm fighting off a cold, my liver goes into overdrive, and takes things longer to come back to normal levels. Could be that, could be any number of things.

Good luck to you guys with it.