View Single Post
03-12-2013, 10:36 AM
dave babych returns
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
Kesler's playoff prowess is extremely overrated. One legendary series against the Predators, but pretty ordinary other than that.

I wish the Canucks had explored trading Kesler before his no-trade kicked in. Imagine the return. I think his value has taken a hit, and his NTC likely renders all trade discussion moot.
The Canucks claim to have integrity, pretty tough to do that after you pull the rug out from under a player because you don't like a clause in a contract that you signed that hasn't even kicked in yet.

As for Kesler's overrated playoff prowess, he also went up against two of the best centers in the league (Jonathan Toews -4 over 7 games, Joe Thornton -3 over 5 games) that year before suffering a serious injury that hobbled him for the finals.

So that's three pretty effective playoff series in one year.

Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
My post was a bit confusing there. It's not just about Luongo. Raymond and Ballard make sense for them too, if they know they're going to lose Gagner, that is. They have big raises coming to Hall and Eberle next year.

Ballard to EDM makes great sense. In fact, I'm not sure what the hold up is...? This trade should have been done a long time ago.
Yeah... if I'm Edmonton I don't deal Gagner for Ballard or Raymond or both.

You could make an argument that the Oilers are as weak down the middle as they are on the blueline, and Gagner might not be the exact solution to their problems but dealing him for a blueliner that has trouble being an every day NHLer on a good team is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I'm not saying Steve Tambellini wouldn't make that deal, if he is even interested in winning this season that is, but I don't think it's a smart move for the Oilers.