Thread: Marian Gaborik
View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 10:50 AM
zuckera1

vCash: 500
We need more than 8 goals and 9 assists for 7.5 million, I hope Gaborik can get on a streak too. We need him to start scoring more consistently. He's on pace to get 16 goals and 18 assists this year in 48 games, for a guy with his talent and skill, he needs to do more.

I know everyone loves to talk about how Gaborik scored 41 goals last year, and that's great. But if you actually go back and watch the tape, 4-5 of those goals were empty netters, and 20 of those goals were tap-ins or finishing on somebody else's (Richards, Callahan) great pass. Stats can be deceiving. You can't just look at the stat sheet and judge the quality of a player. You have to look at their impact on the games, and right now Gaborik's impact, especially if he's not scoring, is minimal. Heck, do we think Chris Kunitz is a great hockey player? He has 17 goals this season!!! More than double the amount that Gabby has.

The fact that he's a floater MEANS that he needs to produce points, and right now he's not doing enough of it. Right now, if we could trade him for two 20G scorers who play well along the boards and add some defensive value, I'd do it.

Last edited by zuckera1: 03-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.