View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Not trolling at all. TB and Carolina had the worst cup winning D I have ever seen, overall not even in the top half of the league in those years. So it is possible to win the cup without an all star cast on the back-end. I think the bottom end on that Tampa roster is as bad as the current crew. I'll grant you that Boyle is >>>>>Carle as an offensive d-man. But I think Hedman is better than Kubina in his prime.

also........

Neckar was not on that team
Rumble did not play in the playoffs
I think Nolan Pratt was the #6 that year
Ben Clymer also got games.

Overall not a great crew.
What makes you say they weren't a great crew? The fact that they didn't put up points? The key thing about them is that they weren't ******* that were scared to use their bodies. We have talent on our D now, but it's too soft.

Edit: Another showing of how defensively solid they were is that not a single one finished with a minus except for Sydor who we got from Columbus. I'm sure his -16 was much worse before he came to the Bolts. I know that +/- isn't the best indicator of defensive play, but the fact that not one was a minus with the Bolts goes to show how good they were defensively.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote