View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I don't think he fully trusts his shoulder . His play in traffic at beginning of season was more courageous . Bottom line is Gaby is not known for his " WALL WORK " and the game he has thrived on in the past of breakaways , off the rush , are nonexistent . When NYR collapse down in front of net it's near Impossible to get an odd man rush off a steal or rebound . He's just no in position to get behind the defense . The guy is not being utilized correctly . He's no longer a fit for this team but very hard to laterally move in a salary cap league especially one with a dropping cap
I think the problem is between his ears... His shoulder 'trust' would not prevent him from skating his tail off to pull himself from his slump / inconsistent play. He should be skating like a madman and playing with intent/drive/passion - not looking disinterested and tentative/timid on the ice.... Bottom line, he's playing no where near his potential, stat sheet or not. I fear we'll get more of the same if we make it into the playoffs and that's what's most concerning.... Gabby is not a 'big-game' player when push comes to shove.... You can't rely on him to elevate his game when it matters most. I'd like to see him moved in the off-season if we can muster a decent return.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-12-2013 at 11:07 AM.