View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Call me Suds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
Do you know what the CSSHL is?

I found 3 new players who are in that league playing for Okanagan Hockey Academy Black V
Like Alpine said it's a prep school like Shattuck & company. OHA feeds the WHL with draft picks but WHL is bantam aged players. The varsity team rarely has full time players who turn out to be WHLers, they'll have the odd bantam age player come up and play a couple games which means they're usually good for bantam and have a shot at NAHL, BCHL, or sometimes the WHL. After bantam age the best usually move on to midget teams so the varsity teams aren't loaded with top end talent. (The V Stands for varsity)

Western Canada is a bit odd. It's all because the WHL drafts players at 14 then they spend a year in midget before they can play WHL hockey full time, so players move all over the place seemingly at random lol I can't much follow it. OHL is so simply because you have the majority of the best players playing in 1 league. Atlantic Canada is a mess but it's pretty simple. Major Midget Leagues = Best midget players for QMJHL draft.

Call me Suds is offline   Reply With Quote