View Single Post
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
It makes a big difference. I've been better the last 3-4 months and have lost a few pounds, but I ought to be doing better than that.

I actually for the first time tracked every calorie I ate and burned this past week. End result, I was within 100 calories of maintenance over the week, although I aimed for about a 3500 calorie deficit. So yeah, that's why my weight's stable.

I did find a few areas I can improve and clean up, save a few hundred calories here or there, make some adjustments.

What bodyweight circuits were you doing?
There is this park bench one I do a lot:
20 bench jumps, 15 dips, 15 bulgarian lunges/squats each leg, 15-20 pushups (can add incline for increased difficulty), 15 bench jumps (I now jump to the top of the bench for added difficulty), 50 reps of alternating your toe on the bench seat with the other foot on the group (don't remember what it is called). It seems easy at first but gets difficult and gets a good sweat going. Goal is to complete it all as fast as you can with good form. If you have to stop and rest, do so but start again as soon as you can.

There is the deck of cards one I want to try from the biggest loser (each suit is a different workout, number indicate reps).

If you have a pull up bar, you can do simple ones with pullups, pushups and squats.

As far as calories go, they both matter and on't matter. They matter in the sense that burning more calories than you take in will result in weight loss. However, where you get your calories is extremely important as well. 100-calorie cookie and 100-calorie banana have the same amount of calories, but the banana is going to go a lot further for you. I just try to eat as clean as possible and hit certain protein grams targets and the rest generally takes care of itself. Each day may vary, but I tend to stay in the same range and the weight just fell off and has stayed off.