View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Capgeek has them at $45m for next year, that includes Hall and Eberle.

So that's $19m in space with the following RFAs: Gagner, Paajarvi, Hartikainen, Peckham. Other than Gagner I don't think you have any real trouble brewing there.

In terms of UFAs they have Whitney, Khabibulin, Smid, Sutton, Ryan Jones, Fistric, Potter and Yann Danis.

Out of all of those players I see Gagner, Smid, and Fistric as guys likely to get substantial raises.

Other players will have to be replaced but I am guessing that they can get similar contributions for much less than they are paying guys like Khabibulin and Whitney (who is not even in the lineup at this point).

Anyway I'm not saying it's all sunshine and roses for the Oilers but they can afford to pay Gagner what he's worth. If he's worth enough to throw their cap situation into turmoil he almost certainly would do the same here.

Yeah I don't see Tambo dealing with the Canucks unless it's a clear win for his team. And I doubt Mike Gillis is super interested in offering up that kind of trade..
What do you think Gagner gets paid?

I think EDM is going to have to give him $5+ million cap hit. The comparable are on his team (Horcoff, Hemsky, Eberle, and Hall), Ryan O'Reilly in Col. I don't think Sammy is gonna hand out a discount to stay there.