View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
bigd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Not the best article, it's generic and not very accurate. I understand this is just a blog and I'm not expecting any real insight, but to group Cizikas and Ullstrom and suggest they've both been inconsistent is way off base.

Cizikas has been excellent. Ullstrom started off well, has tailed off and has been re-assigned to the AHL.

Strait was hardly the "best Isles dman by far" - he was solid, better than expected for a waiver pick-up but he's not Erik Karlsson and frankly, I don't think the Isles miss him that much. Martinek & Hickey haven't played badly - problem is, the Isles have no answers for many of the top forwards in the NHL, especially ones with size.

You cannot give a mid-season report card on the Isles without talking about how horrible they are 5on5, especially the top line. How they are 29th in the league in GAA.

This team would be dead last without Tavares
Strait at least had somewhat of a physical game which, other than Harmonic, is completely absent from our defense. Strait is second in hits on D with 25 in 15 games to Harminics 34 through 26 games . Is he a top pairing Dman? Absolutely not, but we really don't have a top pairing Dman at our disposal. Everyone on this team with the exception of Tavares has been placed in a position beyond what they are capable of. So Strait being used as a second pairing Dman and playing very well defensively was a big loss.

Last edited by bigd: 03-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote