View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Based on a brief interaction with a Canes fan on the trade board, I'd like the following deals:

Jamie McBain, Drayson Bowman and a Mid-round pick for Brian Boyle and Steve Eminger
I'm not a Boyle hater by any means. This deal is more about acquiring a young, RH PMD who can grow with the team and is cap-manageable for another season. McBain was extremely promising not too long ago but his development has stalled a bit. He benefits from a mobile stay-at-home D partner (read: Marc Staal) and just has more upside than Boyle does at this point in their careers. The downside is we take a hit from what Boyle brings to the table in face-offs and defensive play, plus we lose a guy who is well liked by his teammates.

Ryan Jones for Drayson Bowman and Canes' mid-rounder
Jones is a perfect Tortorella player, but more importantly, he's a very good energy guy that can play either wing. UFA at the end of the season, but he's someone I would try and re-sign before he hit he market. We're also essentially paying with found money.

When healthy:
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Pyatt - Richards - Gaborik
Jones - Miller - Callahan
Powe - Halpern - Haley
Asham

McD - Danny G
Staal - McB
MDZ - Stralman
Hamrlik

That 3rd line would be a nightmare for defenders when they get in on the forecheck. Speed to burn and enough offensive upside to be dangerous with every shift.
That looks beyond awesome to me.