Old
03-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
how was it trolling?
you're the one trying to trade an good AHL defenceman for a #1 center.
A guy suggests spooner, a good AHL player, a highly rated prospect who was the last cut at Bruins camp and is 2 years younger than gardiner.

How is that not a reasonable deal?
you may not want spooner for other reasons, if you are looking for a big center etc. but how is that not a reasonable trade? let alone calling it trolling.
I guess you missed the part where he said "or Rielly"? Also this constant fallacious reasoning about how Gardiner is only an AHL defenseman because he's not up with the club is hilarious. He's much better than where he currently sits, and has to play the waiting game specifically because of contracts on the Leafs roster. There's no other way around it. He's a capable NHL defenseman that still has considerable value to the team. And I'm not trying to trade him for a #1 centre. As much as I'd like to sit here and admire the thought of acquiring Duchene for Gardiner, I realistically expect a big fat no.

As for your comments on the deal, a Gardiner-Spooner swap is just not something we're interested in doing because of the size and redundancy. We have 3 centres that would be ahead of Spooner in the depth chart for a top 6 role in Bozak, Grabovski, and Kadri, and he'd just remain as a top C on the marlies like Colborne. With Gardiner we fully expect him to hold a top 4 role on the Leafs very soon, and if not this year then right at the beginning of camp next season.

Eyedea is online now   Reply With Quote