View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
KnightSpit

vCash: 500
Erie, London and Windsor and the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I agree with everything you said in regards to the Hunters turning the franchise completely around. I will be honest I do not like London as an Erie fan but I can not take away the credit the Hunters deserve. During the "knightmare" season they had just 3 wins all year which will likely be a record that is never broken. The Hunters took over and they do deserve all the credit for working extremely hard to get where they are today. Like I said I have never really liked the Hunters (Dale primarily) but I give credit where it is due. I think a lot comments that are made about London are mostly jealousy because I for one wish Erie could sign players like Mermis, Stolarz, draft Patrick Kane in the 5th round etc. Also some of the questionable suspensions lengths like both of the Rupert's incidents, and the Raine knee just add people to draw conclusions I think.

Any way you brought up Rob Schremp and I just wanted to say that he is a great guy. It is unfortunate that he did not pan out in the NHL because I have always rooted for him after he went out of his way to sign things for an Erie fan back in the days where the rivalry was bigger than it is now. Can not say the same about Cory Perry though.
OHLFan thanks for being "On The Money" no pund intended and being impartial and honest. Yes the Knights are right now the most valuable team in the OHL and maybe all of the CHL, but many people do not know the HUNTER'S mortgaged their farm to put up the money to get the team and they put a hell of alot of money into the team, with first rate scouts, coaches, trainers etc. Their Director of Scounting not only is a former CHL coach but runs one of the most sucessful hockey development programs around. Man look at the caliber of NHL talent they have produced like Patrick Kane and I guy Leafs fans know as Kadri. One thing further is I will say, ERIE has without a doubt one of the best if not most loyal supportive fan base around and if it were any other OHL city, the team might have been bankrupt by now. You guys have a good forward core, don't understand many of your moves on D, look up the minus's and it is absolutely scary in some respects and you bhave kids in your system who should probably be up, but are not ? Would still love to see McDavid with the Knights or Spits. One final note, the SPITS have a good fan base as well, but this year which was a disaster, that base has dropped and the SPITS better make the playoffs next year. Good luck man let us know what happens in the ERIE mini camp and main training camp and here's hoping you one day get The Memorial Cup in ERIE.