View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 02:10 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
In reference to Noah Carroll: He's been one of my favorite defensemen in the entire OHL Draft. If the Sting can grab him in the 3rd round I'm confident he would be an excellent pick. There is a chance he doesn't last until the 3rd round however. He's quickly becoming a popular prospect around the league. Excellent hockey sense, steady defensively but smart offensively and already 6'0".

In reference to Alexandre Renaud: I can say we did have him ranked a little lower than where Sarnia took him, but also keep in mind that there are many, many 16 year olds in the OHL who struggle out of the gate but can see a quick improvement in their performance the following year or two when things start clicking for them. Renaud is working hard and the organization is giving him a very fair shot. He will need some time but lets see how he does the next year or two before being too critcal of him. Consistency is the key for Alex's progression.

I was at the game Sunday, the OHL officiating the past 3 months or so in games i've been to has been a drastic improvement compared to the past year or two.. then again I haven't come across any Ryan Carroll games lately. Sunday was a bit.. rough for the officials, but fortunately the ref's have been that much better IMO the last few months making it a little more noticeable on Sunday.