View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Loosie

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
What was the 2nd serve % in the 2nd set? Must have been significantly better, as Marin seemed to cool off considerably as the set progressed. (just found the stats, 53% second serve points won--big improvement)

Milos wins in an odd sort of turnaround. Cilic started strong, but played progressively more poorly from mid second set onward, while Milos started erratically and got significantly better, especially off the ground, as the match progressed. Milos won something like 87% of his first serves, which certainly helped, too. So a good win for Raonic in what began as a not very promising day. A bad loss for Cilic who just isn't much of a closer at the best of times.
As I said above in the edited post I think it was Raonic getting a feel for his singles game. He did have a walkover in the second round. Yes he had two doubles matches already, but its just not the same.

Well he improves on last years 3rd round showing going into the 4th round here. I'm torn as to who I want him to face in the 4th round. He beat Mardy Fish twice last year. But a rematch from thier epic Olympics match might be fun to watch if he face Tsonga.

EDIT: Nevermind...Tsonga it is as he finishes Fish off 7-0 in the tie breaker