Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear SUV View Post
False. My evidence is:

- Signed PSA with a solid, sought after ownership group
- Past precedence
- Anti-trust

It is a done deal. The best Sacramento can hope for a Charlotte like deal.
No, it isn't. Just as they do in every sale, it has to be approved by the other owners. If Sacramento can put together a comparable deal with an arena (which they will get, whether the Kings stay or not), the owners will have to make a decision. This isn't Seattle/OKC where Seattle didn't put this type of effort in that KJ and co have.

Past precedence means nothing in this case. If, again, if Sacramento gets the arena deal and sale price to the NBA's liking, the Kings will have a case. This isn't a closed case, and this case is apples and oranges compared to a typical sale/relocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
I think you under estimate the importance of that 30 million dollar non-refundable deposit.
That money is irrelevant to the NBA. That was a deal between Hansen and the Maloof's, not the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
If 100 million could easily (easily? Really?) be added to the deal, why didn't they come in with that, if 100 million was so easy for them to get, why did they not bring it to the table. Clock is ticking.
I'm not going to share names, but I know one of the guys who is investing with KJ (has gotten me luxury boxes and courtside, but I digress), and he said this deal was a feeler to see where and if they needed to improve the deal. KJ has a lot of rich businessman from the Sacramento-area as good friends. Take my word that money isn't the issue.