View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 04:07 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'm not saying I was there in the negotiating room at the time.
IMO, My impression is Stepan was the guy Howson wanted from day 1, but Slats did not put on the table.

Had we given Howson what he wanted on condition we recovered assets as above, that would have been more advantageous to us.

I'n glad we got Nash.
Just sayin if Howson would have taken this to get Stepan, it would have been better for us.

By the way, my reply post was in the context of Sather with a track record of trying to juggle $$$. He made an informed and respectable decision to do what he did, but I think we'd have been better off as above.

In that context, if we are taking on 80ish mil of salary, we have no issue about demanding CBJ take Redden make his cap go by by.

We move Dubi, sorry to see go, but not at the price of the increase he earned.

AA would be due an increase, but would be holding down 2C for us, and could be a chip for a future deal.

So from a $$ standpoint, this would make more sense, and have been more consistent with how Slats usually squeezes.

At some point, both sides got tired of waiting and made the move they did.
Columbus really isn't in a position to have dead cap space to the tune of 5+M dollars.

Also, I think you're mistaken about Stepan being the center piece to the deal. I think that Howson wanted:

Stepan, Kreider, Dubinsky and a 1st and settled for
Anisimov, Erixon, Dubinsky and a 1st.

He never would've made the trade you're suggesting.