vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
I would like to keep Gagner but for him to stay he needs to be:
1- Better at faceoffs
2- Better defensively
3- Reasonably priced
This, this, this, and this.

There's no doubt he has offensive flair to his game but some of the decisions he makes are so boneheaded that it's amazing. See the Chicago game where on the PP he gives the puck up to the forechecker, takes an interference penalty, and is then seen standing still around center ice instead of chasing down the puck he just coughed up.

We do have a lot of defensive holes in our top 6, I don't doubt that either, but someone who has played for 6 years and has been making an effort to improve his game defensively should not look this bad defensively.

My main concern is that our top 2 lines don't have anybody that can win a faceoff consistently. If you want to move Gagner to a wing I'd have no issues with that, otherwise you need to bring in somebody that can give you puck possession off offensive zone draws.

I see RNH having a brighter future than Gagner (provided this shoulder thing doesn't **** him up completely) in terms of offensive and defensive potential, so if you can't move Gagner to a wing then trade him for something we DO need.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote