View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM
tantalum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
In fact, Winter stated they "never demanded a trade". I'm sure somebody took a screen shot of the tweets before they were deleted.

Regardless, they were idiotic tweets that reflected poorly on the agent, especially.
He followed it up with "but we did ask for more icetime". As I just finished saying it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out where things are headed when a rookie behind a Hart and Selke winger on the depth chart, on a President's trophy winning team that went to the cup finals the year before and a team poised for another president's trophy win starts complaining about icetime. Conveniently a day or two before the deadline. Hmmmmm....

Also it wasn't the first time because Winter has also said they had to talk Hodgson about icetime issues following the previous playoffs where he wasn't happy to be sitting in the pressbox or on the bench. And we aren't talking "I wish I could play because I really think I could have helped" type of complaint but "the lack of icetime is limiting my career" me first complaint. Hodgson simply did not want to serve his time on a good club that had depth at his position. It really is that simple. It might work out for him with the Sabres but he isn't free and clear on that depth chart either. They have Ennis, Grigorenko and Girgensons who are also all under the age of 25 playing center. Two of them are much bigger than Hodgson as well.

Last edited by tantalum: 03-12-2013 at 04:28 PM.