Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
What I meant when I said 'most of the players on our team can be replaced in free agency, they're not that unique' is that most of them CAN be replaced, that's true, but I'm not advocating trading the entire team. It wouldn't work anyway, you need some bodies to finish out the year. You are not going to get the deal you want for everybody. Put a bunch of guys on the market, see what you can get, and then trade a few guys.

Steeg has played like an idiot since halfway through last season. It's his fault that he's on the market now, his and his alone. We should keep him around just because we might be afraid it might scare away potential FA's? Tallon is charged with the welfare of the team, and he's going to do what he thinks is best for the future of the team. Yes, if you play like garbage, you should expect to be traded, I think any FA understands that.

Anyone who's traded will be replaced. I can't fathom how people are worried that we won't be able to replace the spectacular Versteeg and Fleischmann. Come on. We're not talking about Gretzky and Coffey in the 80's here.

ROR can't be traded until February.
Versteeg wasn't playing like an idiot, he was playing like he was injuried because.... He was! the man had hip surgery for god's sakes, I mean can't he get a pass for that?
If Tallon moved Versteeg, who would he be traded for and who would replace him? Everyone here is 100% certain that we won't be aquiring the services of Corey Perry, so who exactly takes his place? Last season and even this past offseason,everyone was keeping their fingers crossed that Versteeg avoided arbitration and resigned, well he did and now no one likes him? A year ago, Versteeg along side Weiss and Flash we're once named the best 1st line in the league for the first half of the season, now we can deal with them being traded??

I am sorry but if either one is traded, we're taking steps backwards. Like I said, the likelyhood Tallon gets a true first line player is slim, so now we're going to expect yet another 2nd/3rd line player to step up and play 1st line minutes???