View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
As noted below by another poster, AA has more skill. He has upside.
Stepan has not been approaching his upside until about a month ago.
I was as correct to chide him for it then as I am obliged to acknowledge his improvement now.

That however is not the point.
YOU bring up "better".
The issue is not "better".

There are no sacred cows. Everybody has a value to keep, to develop, to deal.

Nash was a great deal. Would mine have been better? Arguably yes.

I did not represent that -- your words.
I am surprised because, as RangerBoy correctly pointed out, there is a track record of Slats trying to do deals that add cap for us when he can.

The Nash deal was a chance to do so, but ostensibly one not pursued due to decision to hold on to Stepan.

Um hes been the teams number 2 center since his rookie year.. kid had a hatrick in the very place we play tn in his first NHL game.. the deal for nash wouldv'e happened 10/10 times, we gave character/solid/versatile players...but to say aa is better then stepan at this point or to say aa has higher upside is out of the question... Stepan has soo much more on his resume.. captaining the US team to win a gold medal on the same team carlson, kreider, kadri, etc was on give me a break my dude.. i dont get this love for AA, stepan is the way better player since day one and is the future top center on this team.. rare talent that could be captain one day of this team.. but i agree AA has the tools but noway close to being a better player or having high upside step has..

but lets get back on track with trades.. AA, dubi none of them are coming back here.. davidson knows waht kind of players he has in them so theyre keepers..