View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 05:42 PM
TropicalFruitGirl2
A Peachy Hockey Gal!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
You're probably all well aware of what Radko brings to the table. I've seen him 4 or 5 times play against the Ice Caps in St. John's and I have to say, he is by a landslide, the most notable physical player I have ever seen in the AHL. He's extremely noticeable on the ice for all the right reasons, and shines everytime he plays at Mile One Centre. He is positionally sound and is never out of position after going for a thunderous hit.

Interesting to see how he plays while he is up.

Also, he may have the best beard in the league. Him and Greg Zanon should tilt if they ever get the chance.
See THIS is what I will be looking for as I watch him compete against better competition at the NHL level.

If he makes the adjustments necessary to account for the NHL speed and skill, then he could have a very good NHL career right in front of him.

And even if he is just 22, if he does make that transition, some veteran NHL players he plays with may follow his lead with the style of play necessary to be a consistent winning team.

I don't expect EVERYTHING from this guy in just one game. But he needs to make it very difficult for the coaching staff to send him back down and that starts with his play in his very first game.

Hopefully, this works out well, and another AHL standout D-man, Mark Barberio, gets his chance also.

Last edited by TropicalFruitGirl2: 03-12-2013 at 06:24 PM.
TropicalFruitGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote