View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 06:05 PM
True Hockey Fan

vCash: 500
The offense is so stacked, it's crazy that two of the very best shooters in the league right now (J.Carter and J. Neal) are not a lock for Canada. They would play on first two lines at worst in every other hockey country.

IMO, the locks are: Bergeron, E. Staal, Toews, Tavares, Nash, Crosby, Stamkos and St. Louis.

Giroux is almost on roster, but how you can guarantee him a spot if someone like James Neal is not a lock. And I don't now what else Neal should do to be considered as a lock for Sochi. I think Getzlaf and Perry are almost in, but it depends on how do you see the final picture of the team.

Everybody knows the offense is stacked, but the deffense is crammed as well. These are 11 defensman I suppose are the most considered right now: Bouwmeester, Boyle, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Letang, Pietrangelo, Seabrook, M. Staal, Subban and Weber.

The locks are Weber, Keith, Letang and Doughty I guess. Pietrangelo is almost in, so 2 or 3 more players, and the defense is complete. And you will probably pick two or three of these: Bouwmeester, Seabrook, Subban, M.Staal, Boyle, Hamhuis. Subban looks really interesting and I suppose, he could be even better next season. I can't wait to see him in a play-off series. The Keith-Seabrook duo is one of the best defensive pairing in the league, and it's a big advantage when you start a tournament like this, having elite pair in Seabrook and Keith. Bouwmeester has played some good hockey this season, he has some experience in international competitions, and is a great skater considering his size. Plus, he is a left-hander.

Marc Staal and Dan Hamhuis are very good defensively and I think there's a big chance one of them will make the team. Dan Boyle is there because of Letang's past injury. He is the one I would probably put on roster if Letang was injured again.

Last edited by True Hockey Fan: 03-12-2013 at 06:47 PM.