View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Thinking that the cap is going to increase rampantly like it did in a prior CBA, seems a little presumptuous. It's beyond the point for this argument though. Bottom line, the cap is going to decrease and there's little information that makes me believe that its going to increase to what it is now any time soon.

Bottom line is, we need to make some cuts. Not only are our forwards going to demand some signicant raises, we are going to need to upgrade our defense and replace our goaltending if Bryz is bought out. They will all come arcs premium.

Keep pretending Coburn is a first pairing defender. From where I'm standing, I see a middling player with cheaper players, ie. Grossmann, Schenn passing him on the depth chart. The Flyers defense isn't bad, but its mediocre. You can blame that on Lavis lackluster defensive strategies, but is Coburn capable of being a PMD or a PPQB? Clearly not, therefore is a candidate to get shipped out.
I said specifically in my post that it won't raise as fast as with the previous CBA but that it will increase in a few years. There is nothing to question in that.

Getting rid of Briere leaves more then enough cap room to re-sign our players and if it doesn't you get rid of Bryz not Coburn. Grossmann and Schenn have been better then Coburn for all of 27 games, prior to that coburn was the better player. forgive me if I'm not ready to give up on a 28 yr old who has played well in the past cause of this season alone.

And I guess we differ on what to expect from a 4.5 mil d-man. You're not getting a pmd or ppqb who is good in his own zone for close to 4.5 mil so why hold Coburn to that standard?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote