View Single Post
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
no name
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Ryan is 6'2, 218. Perry is 6'3, 209. Very similar overall. Ryan's stockier though.

Starting in 2008-2009, which was Ryan's first season spent mostly in the NHL, he has scored 104 even strength goals. In that time, Perry has scored 100. And Ryan has played 13 fewer games in that span too, not to mention getting less 5-on-5 ice time. Perry has averaged between a low of 31 seconds more 5-on-5 ice time per game (in 2010-2011) and a high of 2:24 more 5-on-5 ice time than Ryan in over those years.

In fact, I'd approximate that Perry over the past five years (including the current season) has played 459 more minutes of even-strength ice-time over those seasons than Ryan based on the even-strength ice-time on the website. That would equate to over 7.6 full games more than Ryan at even-strength, yet Ryan has actually outscored him at even-strength.

I'm not going to say Ryan is a better player than Perry, but those numbers sure support Ryan being a better 5-on-5 scorer.
thats a great rebuttal and tough to argue espescially since my stats were not accurate. I like Ryan better because I despise Perry, but Ill still stand by my argument. Perry is the Úlite pf in the Game and still geta at least 40 assists a year.