View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 08:16 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
My bad.... that's next year we have 2.

The one we got this year was from Niagara with the condition of the Maletta trade.
Actually we only have 1 2nd rd pick next yr because of the sanctions,Branch returned
the Spits 1st rd pick,but the spits will give up a 2nd rder next yr,the year after and 1st rder in 2016,as well of course the 1st rder for this year
Not sure if the league thought the Spits would finish out of the playoffs this year when the punishment was handed down
A 4th overall pick is critical to a teams future,even compensation rules dont allow for a
pick until after the 5th pick to protect non playoff teams,ie if Erie were to draft a player at #3,then declare him a defected player,the comp pick for next yr would be the 5th not the 4th,when normally a comp pick is 1 after a teams draft pick
I think the league should return the their !st rd pick,and take away the 2nd rd they
have that they acquired in the Maletta deal,and take the 1st rder next yr,spits the get to keep the 2nd rder next yr
Had the Spits made the playoffs I would not have suggested the change,let things stand