View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Rally Donkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
It was nice to see Mitch Jones back on the ice for Plymouth this afternoon. When he was injured, I didn't think there was any way he'd be back this season. If MacDonald's injury is indeed minor, this gives us 7 healthy defensemen for the start of the playoffs. The Whalers have not been in that situation since early January.

Ned got the start and could have sued for lack of support on a few of the Saginaw goals. Hopefully Vellucci will get the defense tightened up for the playoffs -- that was our undoing last postseason....
As much as I agree with seeing Jones back, this game was Plymouth's least impressive showign defensively in the last several games. NOT saying this is Mitch's fault by any stretch, but MacDonald's absence combined with Jones's return and the lack of defense by Wilson and Rakell (scratches) is at least a blip in defensive chemistry that I agree needs to get addressed. Things were going very well defensively, then the Whalers changed up, and we held our breath - not exactly how I was hoping to spend every playoff game. I have enough confidence in the team (incl coaches) to believe this will smooth out with the remaining games in regular season play, though. Defensive play by all players (incl forwards) will be key whoever is in net for Plymouth.