Thread: GDT: NYR @ BUF Part II
View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Standing on his head with less than 20 shots (before the 3rd goal)? Yes. I want t see him standing on his head with a moderate amount of work. He had an excellent 1st period. He needs to have mroe than that in a game like this. Sorry that I want my super star Vezina caliber goalie playing better than this.

I ***** about a different player every game. Today it is Lundqvist and Gaborik. Next game it will be someone else.
My point is, number of saves doesn't equate to quality of saves. Lundqvist faced the tougher chances this game. If Enroth faced 50 shots, Lundqvist still would have faced the tougher shots this game.

McDonagh and Girardi were that bad. The rest of the defensive core was that bad through the first two periods.

I do feel that the Sabres would have had 3-4 goals heading into the 3rd, with the chances they got, if it wasn't for Henrik. That's why I think your expectations were a little unrealistic.

That said, it is what it is. You're entitled to complain about any player you would like to (I know I do).