View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
You've gone off it right? Theres not a snowcones chance in hell anyone would agree with Walcott being England's best player in 10 years. He barely see's the national squad in competitive matches. He's far too inconsistant. The title of best England player in the past decade goes to either Terry, Gerrard or Lampard. No question.
Basically the three most overrated players of the last 10 years for the English squad. All of them tree trunks who cannot dribble or direct any kind of attack to save their lives if theirs lives depended on it. Lambard is a good complimentary midfielder who can score and I liked him but to be honest he was a good complimentary player, not THE guy which is what Chelsea fans would lead you to believe. Gerard is awful as a midfielder imo and it his age it looks sad when he can't control a pass or run past a defender, though he is a good dead ball player. And Terry was good at fouling people and getting away with murder and no doubt the most overrated of the three. All of them were stiffs. None of them world class players. I think Wellbeck, Oxlade-Chamberlin, Walcott, Cahill and Lennon are the future of that team.

Having said that its really sad they never took advantage of Michael Owen. He was the greatest English player I have ever seen. Brazilians had nothing on him. But they burned him in Real Madrid and then he got injured and was never the same.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote