View Single Post
Old
07-28-2006, 08:41 PM
paddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryson View Post
I would rather see him with Plekanec, I think those could me a way more effective FOR TEAM as checking line + PKs and very dangerous in offensive zone with their cycling etc...
Will people stop talking about a checking line? We have to get rid of that mentality because I don't think that you need a strict checking line in today's NHL if your team has enough talent and depth. You roll 3 balanced offensive lines and one gritty line to wear the opposition down and build momentum. If you want to match lines, then you do it with one of your 4 lines. You can decided to match power for power (line 1 vs line 1), or match by attributes. Want proof that it works? Look at our last two playoff runs (Koivu vs Thornton & Pleks vs Staal).

I was so glad when Gainey decided towards the end of last season and during the playoffs to go with 3 offensive lines.

As for Higgins having chemistry with Pleks, that's also a myth. He doesn't have any more chemistry with Pleks as with any other centerman (and certainly more with Koivu). They play well together in the PK, but two good PKer's will do that. As for 5-on-5, I haven't seen any special chemistry between them.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote