View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 PM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Richards has stepped up his game. I like Haley, and would actually not mind seeing him in the lineup over Pyatt, but I still think Boyle at the top of his game is a very valuable bottom-6 player. He looks out of shape. I honestly think he'll look a LOT better next year with a full training camp. He probably cheated on his workouts a bit, too, considering the state of the lockout. A lot of players probably did, but it sticks out with Boyle in particular because he's 6'7 and probably already struggled with his conditioning throughout the season because of his unique body frame.

In short, I think Boyle belongs in the lineup. Even if he's not forechecking, he's still an excellent faceoff man and a good PKer.

Being in the NHL doesn't automatically make his a fantastic coach.

Now, I know that sounds contradictory...but it's true. He has obvious flaws. They're being called out. It's what happens when a team with this kind of skill struggles.
I didn't say Richards hasn't upped his game, he has, I just didn't like the proposed line because I thought it wouold give Torts an excuse to send Kreider back down, and I think we need someone who can potentially score very badly.

As to Boyle, perhaps you are correct about his being out of shape and better next year. But I don't like his game. He can't skate, can't stay upright, has two points this year, and one of them I think happened when he got hit by a shot in the ass and it went in the net. Happy to see him get a nice goal Sunday, but today he was back to his awful self. Yeah, he can PK, but we have lots of guys better at it than him. The PK isn't our problem, scoring from the bottom six is (along with Gaborik, who seems to have lost it, and couldn't care less).

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote