View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 03:05 AM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes View Post
I just don't see the NHL leaving in June. They waited this long and the city has gotten so close to completing a deal. I think they will do another 25 million/year to solidify a deal. A big reason for that is attendance is up and television ratings are way up. Also, season ticket renewals has been 91% which is the highest it's been in over a decade.

The NHL lost Atlanta. I don't think they want to lose Phoenix too. Phoenix will be the 5th largest city in the country and the 10th largest television market. The team was horribly mismanaged for years but in the last few years, the team including the business operations has been managed properly. The team is committed to family and the community and games are more fun with more children in the stands. There is more positive energy in the building and I can see this working out.
I doubt it very much seeing the changes we have in the COG Council along with no one willing to pony up the cash for an overpriced team and the NHL not willing to budge on the asking price. As mentioned plenty of times before, the team was minutes away from moving to Winnipeg before and the league is not afraid to move this team no matter what.