View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
I find it alarming that we've yet to see Tortorella out-coach someone in a game, or ever take responsibility for the team's struggles. What's the excuse? He needed more scoring, but now he's upset he doesn't have 5 guys on the roster who can play on any line at multiple positions and he's treating last years leading scorer like someone else's garbage. He seems to have no ability whatsoever to adapt.

One of the few bright spots has been Stepan. Kid is doing everything and seems to be able to play with whomever he gets stuck with. He's even developing solid chemistry with Cally after they showed almost none of it previously. Callahan was also very good last night.

As for the 3rd star, I'd give it to Del Zotto. I thought he had his best game of the year in terms of creating offense from the back end. He was rushing the puck with speed and making very good outlet passes without telegraphing them. He also looked poised and creative on the point on the PP. I've been saying he and Richards cannot co-exist on the PP, and it's looking more and more like I was right. *toot toot*

Speaking of, Richards looked awful. Again. Really just proves that these high-priced UFA's have nothing to play for after they sign that big contract. Gabby at least wanted to show the world that he was capable of returning to being one of the most dangerous scorers in the league. Nash came here with the "unrealized potential" chip on his shoulder. Richards looks like he doesn't care.

The Gaborik on the LW experiment has to end now. He's clearly not comfortable there.

Agreed with some others who have said that Danny G and McDonagh both look a bit off. Something isn't 100% with those two.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote