View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 09:59 AM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Tortorella only seems to smother creativity during losses. Its weird how that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I find it odd how the team doesn't play well, all 20 players, and yet the coach is smothering them. Has he stopped Gaborik from skating? Stopped Richards from distributing the puck? Has he specifically told them to suck on the PP? Take dumb penalties?
I don't think anyone who is balanced is saying that... Torts is one of the issues with this team, but the players shoulder the burden of why we look so anemic most nights.

To say that Tortorella's coaching style, system, and decision making is impacting this team negatively is simply turning a blind eye.

we play a system that requires extreme discipline, and athleticism in order to be successful, not to mention a defensive system that runs the risk of losing any player to a substantial injury any game...

His constant yelling and ripping players can only go on for so long...

No reason why the lines constantly change. I can't remember a coach in the last 20 yrs who changed the lines as much as he does, creating the most asinine pairings i've ever witnessed...

Refuses to coach a PP, relies far too much on instinctual play from his team, which leads me to believe they rarely work on improving actual gameplay. They do the same things game in, game out...