View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
"I can't comment until I have more information,'' Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos said as the game began Tuesday. "I've talked to Scott and he's OK, there's nothing wrong with him.''

Santos, who said Timmins practiced with the Rampage on Tuesday, added whether Timmins played Wednesday was up to coach Chuck Weber.

"I’ve talked to Scott. He’s OK,'' Santos said. "We’re just going to let the process go .-.-. I’m sure he’s embarrassed, but at this point I don’t have any more information than you do.”

I think the Panthers need to step up a little here and say the right things about this situation. Santo's makes it sound like drinking in excess is the norm. He had a little too much but he's ok, just embarrassed.

Aren't these guys professional athletes hoping to one day make the next level. Hell Timmins was just called up a little while ago. If I was in his shoes I would be making sure I was in the best shape of my life for when my next opportunity arrives. Drinking till you black out is not the way.
You don't know the circumstances. Maybe he never drinks and that's why he blacked out? Maybe it was a birthday party for his best friend and things got out of hand? He made a minor mistake. It shouldn't ruin his career and it doesn't say anything about how serious he is trying to get to the next level..

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote