View Single Post
03-13-2013, 11:05 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by bgroban View Post
Danny Boy gets a lot of flack from people, but at the end of the day, the guy is a diehard Skins fan and wants to win badly. At this point I am starting to think that Ted was only in it for the $$$. Like any marketing guy, he sold us on a pile of poo.
you seem to want to say that danny is a good owner because he is willing to make so many mistakes and destroy the golden goose. you seem therefore to conclude that ted only wants to make money and the proof is his lack of willingness to do stupid things.

reminder. jagr. the trade. jagr the extension. jagr the i hate washington thing. robert lang the ufa for jagr. the jagr v konowalchuk/kolzig locker room disaster. the one series of playoffs out of the entire mess. oh and yea...not doing well in the marketplace rode hand in hand with all that fail. doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that ted wanted to win. did you forget about all that? too young to remember?? ted said lets get jagr. mcphee and patrick said dont do that. ted said we need to win now. do it. now...ted has learned from those terrible mistakes and has adjusted. and because he is not willing to go all in on more jagresque plays you think he is just in it for the money.

while doing what followed the jagr disaster was a team that got good. filled the building. had a legit shot at the cup for several consecutive years.

i cant say i am a big ted fan. but this idea that he is a horrible owner is ridiculous.

reminder. abe pollin. the pre nashville preditors. wanted to do well enough to keep the team afloat. spent the minimum on the team.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote