View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I think you've done a great job of envisioning the worst possible scenario possible. You have created in a situation in which attempting to win is not in the best interest of the team. Not uncommon, but I find it distasteful. The concept of attempting to tank is very distasteful to me. I don't think the Jackets are in a position, yet, to make a move to attempt to make the playoffs.

I'll be honest, I don't think there are many paths to a #2 pick left to us. The players would have to quit. Even injuries don't phase us anymore. I think this is beyond the front office now, for good or ill.

Now, on to important business. Mods, can we have "brick by brick" activate the profanity filter? This is like listening to Rimer say "Jackets are changing on the fly" 50 times a game. Except this is worse, because it's now a cliche. We twist every move we support into a "brick", even if JD wouldn't agree.
"Tanking" is not what I was proposing. Send the players out there, let the chips fall where they will.

Regardless, Its up to the Players and Coaches to Win games with what their given, whatever the architects do, I have no doubt the end goal will be to make this a team competing to go deep in the playoffs each season, instead of what its been.

Realizing what we have, right now, I don't think thats a feasible goal this season.