View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
BowDangles

vCash: 500
I really like how the Oilers have found three decent offensive lines with Horcoff's return. To be honest, the worst of the three in the last two games has been the Ebs-RNH line.

Jones - RNH - Ebs
Hall - Horc - Hemmer
Yakupov - Gagner - MPS

They should look to get an improvement on Jones, and let Jones play on the 4th line where he can thrive. Jones is a decent 3rd liner but a great 4th liner, so have him on the 4th.

Now that we are scoring 5on5 I don't see getting a big top 6 physical player as our number one need. Sure it is still a need but I think they need a defence man more.

Whitney has been playing lights out offensively lately, 5 points in his last 7 including 3 goals. I really hope they do not trade him for picks... He is not going to get you a first round pick and like Gregor says all the time, the chances of anything after the first round of making the NHL is like 15%...

Hopefully we can package Whitney and something else to get a dman, maybe look at a guy like Gardiner or a team that has a younger dman looking to make the next jump but the club needs a vet for the playoff push.