Old
03-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Well, it's weird, and I know anecdotal evidence might not belong in a stats thread, but...

any goalies out there? I think most would agree that it's better to see lots of shots pretty consistently throughout the game than not see any for stretches of 5 minutes then, out of nowhere, get a top-shelfer from the high slot from an NHL player. That seems to be our biggest problem this year--defensive lapses. We rope-a-dope ourselves!

I distinctly remember a stat from a few years ago where we had a positive record when outshot yet were around 500 when we were outshooting the opponent. That's Quickie for ya!
This is exactly why I think Bernier is putting up better numbers this season. Bernier relies on positioning to make saves and doesn't go down in the butterfly as much so he can prevent the high shots from going in. Quick relies on reflexes and has an average glove. Now the Kings aren't as good at pushing the opponents to the outside without Greene and Mitchell, Quick is getting exposed in the middle of the ice. Most of the goals Bernier is giving up are deflections along the ice. Right now the Kings defense is setup more for Bernier's style than Quick's style. Quick is just getting beat cleanly from the middle of the ice.

Does anyone know each of the goalies save percentage while shorthanded?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote