View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSituation View Post
How does throwing his players under the bus take pressure off of them? He clearly called out his top line.
Haven't listened to it yet -- so I'll retract that in this case; edited the post slightly. Richards and Gabby deserve to be called out. They've pulled disappearing acts this year. Pretty much just collecting their paychecks.

Aside from this instance though, I'd say the majority of the time when he has these outbursts he isn't calling out any specific player. In those cases, it fits what I said.

And when he does call players out its not like he's doing it without thinking - it is with purpose. If I'm remembering correctly, he went out of his way to ***** out Hagelin earlier this season (for something that wasn't even really all that bad and in response to a question that wasn't about Hagelin). Hagelin then proceeds to string together a really solid stretch of games. Now obviously that success is absolutely all on Hagelin, but Torts wasn't exactly just throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded there. He healthy scratched Boyle twice so far this season; each time the guy comes back into the lineup and plays a lot better. He takes a different approach to trying to motivate certain players. People act like he's just a dolt who has no clue what he's doing or saying -- but that is pretty far from the truth.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote